"Just fucking tell her. Right now. This is your sign."
Kathryn. 22. In love University.Social work. Caitlyn. My Mum. Venting. Greys Anatomy. Gilmore Girls. Glee. Black V. Jodi Picoult. Canteen. Living life the best I can!
1. Always tip your barista because even though she probably won’t do anything bad to your drink if you don’t, she doesn’t get paid much and she’ll give you a genuine smile of gratitude if you do.
2. Excuse my French but acknowledging that you’re a shitty person is not an excuse to continue being a shitty person. Character traits are not set in stone, and choosing not to work on your character is highly worrisome and hurts your relationships with the people who care about you. It takes effort, but why should that be a bad thing?
3. Learn to accept kindness, whether it be in the form of a hug, or a friend making you pancakes and coffee for breakfast.
4. Your worth as an individual and also as a member of society is not based on academics. This goes both ways: if you don’t do well in school, and if you do.
5. Do more things with people you want to be closer to. That’s how you’ll get closer to them.
6. Measure things you want to buy against the cost of a chipotle burrito. If it’s more expensive and the burrito sounds better…leave it and go get a burrito.
7. Read more.
8. Family is so important, but you have to remember that each member of your family is a person unto themselves, making their own decisions for their own lives. Good, bad, and ugly.
9. If you can’t fit your jeans, find a bigger size. Don’t keep trying to squeeze into them. This is an analogy for many, many things.
10. Don’t be afraid to care about people. There’s nothing weak about loving."
My September/October Life Lessons (via facingthewaves)
It is almost midnight; I should be in bed. But I’m not. Instead, I am drinking wine and listening to the rain and thinking about you. I want to squeeze your hand and scratch your head. I want to hug you and hand you a beer and listen if you want to talk and lay in silence if you do not.
But I can’t do that. So instead, I am drinking wine and listening to the rain and thinking of you.
DRUGS by Bryan Lewis Saunders.
Each self portrait is drawn under the influence of different drugs taken daily. Within weeks of this experiment he became lethargic and suffered mild brain damage. He continues to work on this series but with much more time between doses.
but the crystal meth, tho? nah.